06 Jul Case Study #3: Can You Use Ebooks for Lead Generation and Relationship Building?
How we tested Ebooks for lead generation and relationship building
Bankruptcy is such a rare, life-changing event that most people have plenty of anxieties, concerns, and questions about how it works and how it can help them. What is the best way to satisfy this need?
From January-June 2013, we ran tests to see if creating and publishing a high quality, well written Ebook that addresses common bankruptcy questions and concerns would generate interest and use. In particular, we wanted to know if we could use Ebooks for lead generation and for relationship building.
The Ebook we made, entitled “Bankruptcy Guide for Beginners” is 15 pages long and answers 20 of the most common, important bankruptcy questions that consumers might have.
Questions we set out to answer:
1. Are people interested in Ebooks?
2. Are people willing to fill out forms to get an Ebook?
3. Is it better to allow access to Ebooks by filling out a contact form or without one? In other words, are Ebooks better used to generate leads (form required) or to build relationships of trust (no form required)?
What data results did we gather?
Here are some Ebook download data results from 8 of our clients’ websites:
What did we learn from our Ebook test?
We learned several important items from our test:
- Bankruptcy consumers are very interested in Ebooks, which means that they are seeking information and answers about bankruptcy
- Bankruptcy consumers are willing to fill out contact forms and give their contact information to gain access to quality information about bankruptcy
How can you apply the results that we found?
- You should consider creating and developing unique, high quality Ebooks on topics, questions, and concerns that your consumers are interested in
- You can use Ebooks as lead generation tools to help you gain contact information about people who request the Ebooks
- Consider distributing the Ebook by 1) Emailing it to customers 2) allowing them to download it to their computer 3) allowing them to view it online on your website
- If your goal is to build relationships and not necessary lead generation, consider having your Ebooks accessible without the need to fill out a form